cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 1000's not being able to be pinged

casedaycd
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there I have some catalyst 1000's 4 stacks of them, that are unable to be pinged.  They are also unable to sych with NTP.  They are switching everything like they should.  I can connect to a wireless AP directly attached to any of them, or a port on them, and am able to ping browse the internet with no problems.  They are on IOS 15.2(7)E1.  Unable to pull information useing LibreNMS also.  I have restarted, Restacked them, made sure they have a default -gateway, ntp is set correctly.  Has any one had a similar problem?

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We have very little information to work with about this issue. It would be better if you can post current running config to help us understand the issue. If you do not want to post the complete config then perhaps we can start with the output of these commands

show ip interface brief
show ip route

It is interesting that they can access Internet but not sync ntp. Is the ntp source inside your network or outside of your network? Are there any access lists applied to interfaces? If so can you post the acl?

HTH

Rick

Jitendra Kumar
Spotlight
Spotlight

My suggestion is to upgrade the Switches on:-

Release 15.2.7E5 MD

Thanks,
Jitendra

Thank you.  I was going to try that, now to figure out how to do it useing USB drive.

Hello
I would suggest refine from performing any upgrade to them and incurring unnecessary outage to your network when everything is working other than network management to those switches>.

As suggested by @Richard Burts can you post the output of those commmands

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card