Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2960S IOS 15.0.2 IPv6 don't work

JOSE FEMENIA
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

Just I have upgraded some 2960S to IOS 15.0(2)SE from a IOS 15.0(1)SE3 and the catalyst don't switch any IPv6 traffic. Don't work any RA and also don't work any unicast IPv6 traffic from any interface. I can see some references to IPv6 changes in the FHS (First Hop Security) in the Release Notes, but no any reference to changes in the configuration.

The switches don't have any IPv6 specific configuration and the sdm is the default templata. Returning to 15.0(1)SE3 everything work ok.

On Catalyst 2960, and 3560E this IOS version seem to work fine with IPv6.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jose

2 Replies 2

JOSE FEMENIA
Level 1
Level 1

Well, with the sdm template "lanbase-routing", the IPv6 packets switches. But I don't like to configure any double stack in the 2960S, and I don't known why the IPv6 traffic don't switches with the "default" sdm with this release.

Jose Miguel Femenia

maagemaag
Level 1
Level 1

The default bias template used by the Switch Database Manager (SDM) does not provide IPv6 address
capabilities. Verify that SDM is using either the dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 template or the lanbase-routing
template. The new template will be used after reboot even if the configuration is not saved.
Open configuration window
S1# show sdm prefer
Use the following commands to assign the dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 template as the default SDM template.
S1# configure terminal
S1(config)# sdm prefer dual-ipv4-and-ipv6 default
S1(config)# end
S1# reload

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card