Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst 3560 Gig port

jamelataher
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a catalyst 3560 48 port switch with (4) sfp ports ,am trying to connect the Gig port of this switch with another cisco swtch 2960 over a distance of 1000m (two seprate buildings using SM fiber cable) ,first i make a loopback on the same port locally ,but it was not succesful ,what seems to be the problem? ,if you can advise about the module type compatible with my switch ?

appreciate any suggestions

thanks in advance for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi

i have a catalyst 3560 48 port switch with (4) sfp ports ,am trying to connect the Gig port of this switch with another cisco swtch 2960 over a distance of 1000m (two seprate buildings using SM fiber cable) ,first i make a loopback on the same port locally ,but it was not succesful ,what seems to be the problem? ,if you can advise about the module type compatible with my switch ?

Hi,

For connecting over a distance of 1000m between the switches 3560 and 2960 switches check for the transreciever GLC-LH-SM which can support

1000BASE-LX/LH SFP transceiver module for MMF and SMF, 1300-nm wavelength.

Check out the below link on the same Hope that help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/gbic_sfp_modules_install/5067g.html

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

jamelataher wrote:

hi

Jamila

See this doc which lists all the gigabit transceivers that can be used with the 3560 -

Gigabit ethernet transceivers

Jon

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi

Hi,

For connecting over a distance of 1000m between the switches 3560 and 2960 switches check for the transreciever GLC-LH-SM which can support

1000BASE-LX/LH SFP transceiver module for MMF and SMF, 1300-nm wavelength.

Check out the below link on the same Hope that help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/gbic_sfp_modules_install/5067g.html

Ganesh.H

jamelataher
Level 1
Level 1

dear  jon   & Ganesh.H

thanks a lot for assisting me ,i dont have the type that is compatible with my switch ,i have orderd it and will try again when i receive it ,

hope you all the best

jamela

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card