Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3650 Smart Licensing IP Base - what should ship

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

We have a 3650 ordered with IP Base (the -S variant).   However we haven't received any licence details, or any information about how the Smart Licence is registered or accessed. 

Can anyone clarify exactly what we should have received in order to get the licence set up?  Other orders with Smart Licensing we are always asked for the customer Smart Account and the licence is delivered into there as part of the order fulfillment.

In this case the distributor doesn't seem to think that anything is needed.   

However the switch is sitting showing that it wants to access Smart Licensing ...

sh license sum
Smart Licensing is ENABLED

Export-Controlled Functionality: Not Allowed

License Authorization:

License Usage:
License Entitlement tag Count Status
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(C3650-48 IP Base) 1 EVAL EXPIRED

Thanks,

Tony S

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send an email to the Licensing Team with the Serial Number of the appliance and your CCO login.

Thanks for the reply. Just FYI or for anyone else reading the thread Licensing have replied to say that they can't access licences by serial number, they need to know the original Sale Order number. Hopefully the distributor can provide that.

Seem to be hitting a brick wall here.  As the original S/O only covered the product WS-C3650-48PS-S and does not have a separate line item for any sort of licence, Cisco Licensing are currently declining to assist.

Meanwhile I've tried the process that you would use if the switch had originally been supplied with version 15, but it is not finding any sort of licence that can be exported to Smart Licensing.

So I suppose my original question still stands.  If this product was bought today, what would actually be supplied to fulfil the IP Base feature set?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card