Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3650 vs. 9300

alf
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

I am looking for some comparism between Catalyst 3650 and C9300 for user access. I found this doc regarding C3850:
https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9300-series-switches/nb-09-migrating-cat-9k-fc-cte-en.pdf

but 3650 is another price point especially when the customer don´t want to use DNA today. Customer has today 3750 (routed access) installed.

If not looking to technical stuff only my biggest argument for c9300 is lifecycle/investment protection. c9000 is at begin of lifecycle where as 3650 did start in 2013, means the customer might get 4-5 years longer usage in words of lifecycle.

I appreciate any suggestion or comment on this, especially regarding lifecyle expectation of 3650.

best regards
Alfred

4 Replies 4

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Alfred,

You answered your q :) - "my biggest argument for c9300 is lifecycle/investment protection". If you are investing in new switches, I don't see a reason to go with something that EOL in next 4-5 years. Also, comparing specs- I would go with 9300.

hth

MS

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

C9300 is the right choice, you have other option is 3850, But Cisco offering same price for C9300(depends on your Gold partner relation and buying model)

So i would suggest to go to C9300 for longer plan mode. Look for the license models if you do not like to have DNA now, and later you can adopt easy DNA once the Organisation is ready

BB

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'd go with the 9K because I know the life and software support will be a long way off. 

Nobody knows how long the 3650/3850/Sup8E will have left (my guess is up to 2019).

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
As the others have noted, and you too, the Catalyst 9K should have a longer life. However, being so new, the 3650/3850 may be more "stable" for the next couple of years.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card