cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 CMOS battery replacement procedure

Waterbird
Level 1
Level 1

Please advise me as to the procedure for replacing a CMOS battery on a 3750.  I have searched for videos and documentation on this but have not found anything useful.  I'd also like to know the level of difficulty as I will be advising a customer on the phone on how to do it themselves.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First why you think that batter issue? what kind of Logs do you see on the Logs? before you open the kit.

see the document warning :

image.png

you can find the video of what is inside :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7Oq52yDNv0

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thank you for the video and the explosion warning.  I will warn the customer that they could explode if they try this.  I didn't see where the CMOS battery is exactly in the photo.  I'm sure it's a CMOS battery problem as when the switch loses power due to a power outage, the clock resets to 1993.

You can set the Clock or NTP Again and write the config and test it. (before any further steps).

BB

Yes, setting the clock again does fix the symptoms, but the root cause is the battery and the customer would like it replaced.

I can understand the requirement, Most Case TAC will replace the kit if that failed with RMA, this battery will charge automatically and last long.

BB

Hello,

on a side note, I think Cisco changed their TAC policy on replacing Lithium batteries a few years ago (see link below). Basically what it comes down to is that it is more expensive to ship them then to buy them yourself.

That said, I don't see the battery on the 3750 motherboard myself right away. I think it is usually similar to the round CRC2032 batteries...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/bulletin-c25-737963.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card