cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750-E Setup?

Sarah_Szabo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm trying to setup a Catalyst 3750-E on my home network in the basement.

I have a router upstairs that I have run an ethernet cord from and have plugged it into the back of the Cisco switch.

I did a factory reset and enabled the express setup by holding the mode button for 3 seconds. I got into the browser configuration wizard, but something goes wrong when it is suppsed to integrate into the network (when the popup appears).

I reset my IP address by plugging the computer back into the router, and I was able to verify that the IP was on the same subnet as the router. I then jacked into the switch, and tried to see the internet, but got a broken link with a warning from linux that I didn't have full internet access (only partial to the switch)

How can I resolve these issues and connect to the internet?

20210521_143920.jpg20210521_145849.jpg20210521_150403.jpg20210521_150421.jpg

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have a router upstairs that I have run an ethernet cord from and have plugged it into the back of the Cisco switch.

The router should connect to one of the 48 ports in front of the switch and not the back. The back is for console access and mgmt port.

Once that is done, use a console cable to connect it to the back of the switch (console port) and login via the CLI using "potty" (download it for free). At that point configure the switch port and put it in the same subnet/vlan as the router.

HTH

Wow, this was really helpful! Thank you so much!

I just have one more question. I noticed that when I plugged in the cisco-style 10G plugs into the switch, nothing happened (no LED lighted up).

Do I need to set the switch mode to 'speed'? Why don't the 10G ports enable when the plug in is?

I just have one more question. I noticed that when I plugged in the cisco-style 10G plugs into the switch, nothing happened (no LED lighted up).

10GB Plug you mean SFP ? what SFP is this Fibre or Copper?  either of them when you insert does not show any LED, but you can view in the Logs SFP inserted in the uplink module.

show interface T x/x you can see the SFP

Do I need to set the switch mode to 'speed'? Why don't the 10G ports enable when the plug in is?

uplink module?  what kind of uplink module you have? check the logs when you plugged in, show you a clear indication of what is wrong?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card