cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 Frame-Relay Traffic Shaping not supported!

sayedahmads
Level 1
Level 1

I have catalyst 3750 I want to controle traffics on every port I have tried Frame-Relay Traffice shaping and Quality of service but there is no support for these commands in the switch.

do we have any way to limit traffic on every port in catalyst 3750 and 2960 switches if you have any idea please share with me.

4 Replies 4

patrick.preuss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

First of all catalyst 3750 are Lan Equipment there is no Frame-relay Support.

You can shape/ police Traffic outgoing in the Ports . There are Limits regarding ques and Organisation of The policies.

You can read more in The Book "End-to-End QoS Network Design: Quality of Service in LANs, WANs, and VPNs" from cisco press.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

The recommended book from Patrick is a very good one that's worth a read. As an online ressource I can recommend the

"Enterprise QoS Solution Reference Network Design Guide" where the chapter "Campus QoS Design" is the one that you need for the 3750:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/QoS_SRND/QoSDesign.html

-- 
Don't stop after you've improved your network! Improve the world by lending money to the working poor:
http://www.kiva.org/invitedby/karsteni

I used speed 10 command under port fa0/2 and then srr-queue bandwith limit 20 it did work under fastethernet port in 2960 switch but when I checked catalyst 3750 there is no command like speed xx under gigabit ports, there is no option with speed command to limit speed to 10 mbps it is just like follow.

#speed ?

nonegotiate  Do not negotiate speed

and there is no rate limit command under gigabit port what I should do to limit traffic under gigabit ports on catalyst 3750 switch.

catalyst 2960

int fa0/2

speed 10

srr-queue bandwith limit 20

unable to limit traffic on catalyst 3750 gigabit ports it has fiber modules.

I have tried srr-queue and policier but it is not working.

policy-map rate-limit

class class-default

police 1000000 8000 exceed-action drop

int gi1/0/3

service-policy input rate-limit

still when I start download it goes to 10 mbps

please if you have any idea about help me it is a bout 20 days I am working on it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card