Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750 wont boot

adam.wardley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can anyone help with my Catalyst 3750 switch. Following a power cut the switch no longer boots up. The SYST light flashed green but no POST checks are made. I cannot see any boot messages from the console port either.

The switch was on a UPS but some thing may have damaged the switch. Any ideas?

7 Replies 7

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's probably gone in to rommon mode, if you do a 'dir flash:' you will see the IOS file.

Then you need to command in like this:

switch:boot flash:C3750-IMAGEIOS.bin

Or whichever the IOS file name is.

Hope this helps.

Please rate useful posts and remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

adam.wardley
Level 1
Level 1

Sorry probably should have mentioned that a cannot connect using the console port. I am assuming that as the POST does not start something major is wrong

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hello, unfortunately it sounds like you might need a console cable to do anything, if its in rommon the switch member is not participating in anything in terms of layer 2/3. No OS is loaded and hence no configuration is active.

Hope this helps

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Hi Adam,

Do you see anything on the console? Have you direclty connected the console port from your laptop to the switch/. If yes can you reboot the switch manually and post the entire sequence? If you happen not to see any thing during the boot do you atleast see any lights glowing on the switch? If there is no msg display on the console screen then go ahead and create an RMA.

Regards

Inayat

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Post the entire bootup process.

adam.wardley
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you both. Will try today

adam.wardley
Level 1
Level 1

As confirmed had to send unit back as no information was being displayed via console port. Some thing has been damaged internally

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card