Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3750X - Network Module 1/10G

oguarisco
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

Is it possible to mix 1 and 10 Gigabit links on a 1/10Giga Network Module of the Cat3750X???

I mean porte GE1/1/1 and GE1/1/2 used with SFP and port TE1/1/2 used with SFP+; that makes TE1/1/1 not available as GE1/1/3 and 1/1/4

Thanks for a reply

7 Replies 7

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

You need this module to be able to mix 10Gig and 1Gig on the same module:

C3KX-NM-10G

This module allows you to use 1 10Gig port and 2 1Gig ports.

Have a look at table-4 in the data sheet:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

HTH

Hi Reza,

thanks for the info...Yes I've this module

Thanks

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

BTW, I believe I recall there's some special consideration when using the 10g spf+ ports for just gig.

Hi Team

wanna clarify, I used module C3KX-NM-10G= and SFP-10G-SR 4 unit, is't possible to use the sfp module 4 unit in the one module C3KX-NM-10G

Thanks

Hi,

For the 10Gig module, you can have one 10Gig and 2 1Gig

See table-4 in this link for the combination you can use

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/data_sheet_c78-584733.html

HTH

Hi Reza

Thank you, so if I used 2 module SFP-10G-SR it's possible right ?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, if your modules is a 10Gig module, you can use 2 10Gig SFP+.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card