Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Participant

Catalyst 4507 in VSS mode lose connection with access switch after unplug Fast-Hello

Hello Folks!

I had a problem last weekend and I'm just looking to know this happen!

I have 02 catalyst 4507 workings in VSS mode and I have 50 access switches connected to this Core switch, 90% using UTP connection and 10% fiber.

I had an activity to label all cabling and my partner removed the Fast-Hello cable to put a label and made a connection again, after that, I lose connection with all UTP switches and I had to go physically to each switch and disable and enable the Uplink interface (from the Core didn´t work).

I saw the configuration of VSS and was normal, I could access the Core without any problem, but 90% of the switches were out and latter I had rounting problems as well, even there is route in the routing table, the traffic didn´t work to others locations and many tools stopped to work.

My problem was solved only after I reboot both switches in the VSS.

Does anyone know if this is normal?

Thanks

Marcio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Yes. This is a "self-protect" mechanism. With the Fast Hello link gone, each unit went into a "psuedo" standalone, claiming the other half is gone. The logs of both would be filled with MAC addresses flapping around.
A total reboot would be the only way to get back control.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Community Legend

Yes. This is a "self-protect" mechanism. With the Fast Hello link gone, each unit went into a "psuedo" standalone, claiming the other half is gone. The logs of both would be filled with MAC addresses flapping around.
A total reboot would be the only way to get back control.

View solution in original post

Content for Community-Ad