Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 6500/6800 and 9300 Series Successful Shutdown

lisandro
Level 1
Level 1

Dear very good morning,

I want to ask you if there is a procedure for the correct shutdown of the Catalyst 6500/6800 and 9300 series switches.

That is, a total shutdown, not a reboot.

Sorry if the question is very silly but I have searched and I need to be sure and what should I take into account before doing a total shutdown

I already have my backup copy of the configuration and IOS

Thank you very much in advance as always

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @lisandro ,

as far as I now there is no shut down procedure for Catalyst 6500 and likely Cat 6800.

A Catalyst 6500 could be simply powered off and then powered on and it should be able to restart and restore its state and configuration.

I would expect the same for Cat 9300 I have some doubts about IOx (   if you are using IOx container applications you may want to stop them usig the Local manager before power off).

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @lisandro ,

as far as I now there is no shut down procedure for Catalyst 6500 and likely Cat 6800.

A Catalyst 6500 could be simply powered off and then powered on and it should be able to restart and restore its state and configuration.

I would expect the same for Cat 9300 I have some doubts about IOx (   if you are using IOx container applications you may want to stop them usig the Local manager before power off).

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Non-chassis based:  Save the config and pull the power. 

Chassis-based: 

1.  Save the config 

2.  Do a continuous ping to the IP address of the chassis

3.  Issue the "reload" command

4.  Once the ping stops, pull the power immediately.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card