Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9200L stacking issue

dugolotti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've got a stackwise strange behavior in our customer plant.

We have 3 siwtch C9200L-48P-4X in stack with IOS-XE release 16.9.4.

After switch module #2 failed we have replaced it with a brand new one C9200L-48P-4X  with the same release.

So we removed the failed switch, install the new one on rack and only after have connected all stacking cable, we have powered on the new switch.

After some minutes the switch has joined the stack as a member and all the stacking ports was OK.

So we have proceeded connecting some users to that switch but all the interfaces from G2/0/1 to G2/0/48 didn't work!

We tried an AP, my notebook, a printer but no way to start the ethernet port.

We replaced the switch with a new one and we got the same result (all ethernet ports on module 2 didn't work).

We reload the entire stack and only after that the switch module 2 ethernet ports started to work!

Anyone has got the same issue?

Thanks

Best Regards

Denni

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There is no reference in the release notes in regards to this issue. You may want to open a ticket with TAC as they may have more info on any bug fixes for this release.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-9/release_notes/ol-16-9-9200.html#concept_bxs_xb4_q3b

HTH

View solution in original post

Hello,

just as an update: I opened a SR to Cisco TAC and after some tests we had to perform RMA for stcking cables and adapters.

Now there are no more CRC over the stacking links.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

There is no reference in the release notes in regards to this issue. You may want to open a ticket with TAC as they may have more info on any bug fixes for this release.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst9200/software/release/16-9/release_notes/ol-16-9-9200.html#concept_bxs_xb4_q3b

HTH

Hello Reza,

thanks for your quick response.

We will proceed to open a TAC case and I will keep updated this post.

Regards

Denni

Hello,

just as an update: I opened a SR to Cisco TAC and after some tests we had to perform RMA for stcking cables and adapters.

Now there are no more CRC over the stacking links.

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card