Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 9k Access Switches Licensing

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

dears

below is the link for datasheet, it mentioned that it has a perpetual and subscription licensing hence when i configure a switch in CCW i see  subscription licensing only such as  DNA essential, Advantage, premier , form where  i can get the perpetual licensing option 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-9200-series-switches/nb-06-cat9200-ser-data-sheet-cte-en.html#Licensing

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
There is no DNA perpetual license.
The only thing that is "perpetual" (aka permanent/lifetime) are the Essentials (aka base/basic) and Advantage (advanced).

Dear Leo

Thanks for the reply, 

i didn't understood your reply, what i want to know is that if i want to optout  DNA subscription and be on perpetual is it possible ??? but i don't see any optout option in the switch configuration tool ( CCW),  Also would like to know that is it perpetual license is factory installed ??? becz i don't see any option to configure in the CCW

The only thing that is "perpetual" (aka permanent/lifetime) are the Essentials (aka base/basic) and Advantage (advanced).

Please elaborate more.

if you have not purchased DNA License, you no need to worry (as long as you are not added to BoM)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Dear Balaji

I cannot exit the BOM untill and unless i select the DNA subscription it mentioned the configuration is not correct, this is what i want to tell on this post,

how i can order the 9k family without DNA subscription and  only with perpetual licenses ( essential or advantage)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: