cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst C1000 - 5 switches - stack or other connection/topology - what to choose ?

Mariusz91656
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,
I have a question, because I'm starting my CISCO adventure with new models of Catalyst C1000 series switches (48 GbE + 4sfp). I have 5 switches to install (to connect in one place). In the documentation, there is the concept of H-stack (4x10G uplink ports - no places for stacking modules on the rear side).
What advantages does this solution have in addition to managing one IP? Will it be the same in terms of efficiency, if I connected 1 switch as a core in the star topology and the remaining 4 switches to core-switch with 10G uplinks (PC, printers to them), servers to core switch - 1GbE, possibly 2x1GbE aggregated ? Will the H-stack with 5 switches be better (the same ?) in terms of efficiency (transfer speed) ? I have all the switches in one rack.

Thank you in advance for your help and best regards.

1 Reply 1

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card