Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst C4510 error: obfl_find_device_entry_by_duped_fd

candrade
Level 1
Level 1

This morning the following messages has appear in my syslog:

Sep 15 11:34:06.547: UPTIME:obfl_find_device_entry_by_duped_fd: Looking for fd '21', found cont_fd '0', path 'slot-1:'

Sep 15 11:34:06.547: UPTIME:obfl_find_device_entry_by_duped_fd: Looking for fd '21', found cont_fd '1', path 'slot-2:'

Sep 15 11:34:06.547: obfl_find_device_entry_by_duped_fd: This one has same path, 'slot-2:', as our file.

Tha chassis is C4510R+E and the slot 1 and slot 2 has intstalled a  WS-X4648-RJ45-E= card. It´s running with  two Supervisor 7 and the IOS release is:

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.01.01.SG RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

ROM: 15.0(1r)SG1

License Information for 'WS-X45-SUP7-E'

License Level: ipbase   Type: Permanent

Next reboot license Level: ipbase

cisco WS-C4510R+E (MPC8572) processor (revision 8) with 786516K/16384K bytes of memory.

I´m looking for "obfl_find_device_entry_by_duped_fd" message but I can´t find anything

Can somebody tell me something?

3 Replies 3

rcongani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Candrade,

This is coming from the Onboard Failure Logging feature I believe that a supervisor reload will fix
the problem (it should be transient) but that is no explanation.

If the messages stopped on their own, then there should be no functional
impact to the switch.

Thanks

Ruvin

Isn't there a TAC case open on this for this very issue? :-)

NO.

I open a TAC case for this issue and Ruvin Conganige is theCustomer Support Engineer who owns the case

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card