Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst Express 520 - trunk configuration

ndazzi.rdac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people,

I am struggling with a CE520 and its smartports stuff.

I have configured the following vlans :

1- data

100 - phones

I need to bring those vlans (both of them) to a Cisco 800 router. The port of the 800 router is already configured as trunk and accepts vlan 1 and 100.

The cisco 800 has both vlan 1 and 100 configured with 2 ips on different subnets, and ip routing is enable (to route between two vlans). Also, no access lists are configured.

I have configured one port in the switch as role "router" and connected to the router. The other ports are all configured as phone-desktop (phone vlan 100 desktop vlan 1).

If I connect a phone and manually configure an ip (the phone gets automatically vlan 100), and try to ping the phone from the router, it doesnt respond. Alse vlan 100 is protocol down.

I am guessing what s the right configuration as the link between the switch and the router should be a trunk link for 1 and 100 vlans, but it looks like is transporting only vlan 1.

Also changing the port role to "other" when you can specify the native vlan and another vlan, the switch doesnt accept vlan 100 as additional vlan on that link.

Is anyone able to help me please?

cheers

nick

2 Replies 2

ndazzi.rdac
Level 1
Level 1

any clues?

thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card