Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst Exrpess 520 sends TCP RST

lcaruso
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

I have one out of three Catalyst Express 520's I cannot connect to with Cisco Configuration Assistant or with a browser. I've used Wireshark to capture the problem, and it sends a TCP RST packet immediately upon any such connection attempt.

As these devices do not have a console port, how can I gain access to the device? We'd like to upgrade them but cannot pull the existing config.

Since these 520's don't support or are not configured for telnet/ssh and the only connection I can make is with a broswer and CCA, I'm wondering if there is a way to get the config into a text file as normally done.

Thanks for any help.

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Based on the description of the symptoms I would guess that the CE520 is configured with access controls that limit the source addresses that are able to establish management sessions. Would I be correct in assuming that your source address is in some subnet other than the subnet where the 520 is located? If so I would suggest trying to establish a session from a PC that is connected (and has a source address) within the subnet where the 520 is connected.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks. Forgot to mention I tried two different subnets.

Looks like they have something called Access Direct Managed Mode, which should provide browser access to a directly connected laptop, but still no way to see the entire configuration in a text file so it seems.

WARNING. Do not use the procedure referenced above called Access Direct Managed Mode found in the sparse documentation available for this device.

It will reboot the switch to factory defaults.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card