cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst port failing?

silverstr8p
Level 1
Level 1

Okay, so I just configured this box and I have snmp/mrtg looking like Gi2/2 might be failing/flapping? I wanted to get another opinion of whether this is an mrtg/snmp issue, or my port is having problems. Have any of you seen something like this before? Do I have something mis-configured?

it looks solid and then starts jumping up and down. Here's a downstream Gi2/4 int:

which doesn't seem to be jumpy, and here's a downstream Juniper box running a subset of the same traffic at the same time.

3 Replies 3

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What device?

What is connected to this port?

Is the issue with only one port or other too is failing/flapping?

can you send us show ver and show log from the box?

HTH

Regards

Inayath

don't have console access to it, but my upstream just told me I'm running around 102Mb, and my current graph shows:

so clearly I have an instrumentation issue, has anyone seen mrtg/snmp suddenly appear to not read bandwidth right? My mrtg box is showing almost no load. It only seems to be happening to Gi2/2 so far, though I only have 4 ports polling snmp. Gi2/2 is connected to an upstream provider's Cisco fiber router. Not in front of that router to get the model #

Spun up another mrtg/snmp server and it looks more stable now:

HTH, in case anyone else is seeing the same thing on a box.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card