Views
Helpful
Replies

Cause of Sup720 failure and redudancy Sup720 failure

sivaprakasam81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I need the cause of failure in our Sup720 failure and the redudancy failure.

Please provide me the possible causes, so that i can take appropriate action to avoid the same failure in future.

I am attaching herewith the crashinfo (dir bootflash:) file.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The module in Slot 7 is failing. Try removing the blade in Slot 7 and see it this works.

Mar 1 06:03:35.623 EST: %FABRIC-SP-5-CLEAR_BLOCK: Clear block option is off for the fabric in slot 7.

Mar 1 06:03:57.371 EST: %FABRIC-SP-6-TIMEOUT_ERR: Fabric in slot 8 reported timeout error for channel 5 (Module 7, fabric connection 0)

Mar 1 06:04:00.511 EST: %OIR-SP-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in module 7, is being power-cycled off (Port asic not synchronized)

Mar 1 06:04:00.511 EST: %OIR-SP-3-PWRCYCLE: Card in module 7, is being power-cycled (OIR slot disable)

Hope this helps.

Hi Leo,

It was resolved by reseating and reloading..., actually we want to know the cause of the issue. So that we will avoid such crash in future. Do you have any idea on this. Are you able to pick some info from the crash file.

1. Why the slot 7 (module 7) sup720 went down.

2. Why the Redudant one (module 8) sup720 also failed to take over.

Thanks you for your reply. Thanks again!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card