Views
Helpful
Replies

CBS220-24T-4G / no function after power loss

Patt74
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
I have problems with my Cisco Business CBS220-24T-4G switch.
It can happen that this is suddenly dead. No LED is active anymore and there is no data traffic.
The problem can be readjusted by cutting the power supply and activating it again. The device remains off after that, even multiple plugging and unplugging does not help. A module is plugged into the SFP port, which is connected to the DSL router with a Cat 7 cable.
To get the device up and running again, disconnect the power cable, then remove the SFP module, reconnect the power cable, and reconnect the SFP module. After doing this in this order, the device will work again. Depending on the situation, it may work for a few days without problems, but then fail again.

Is there perhaps a known problem with the switch?
If there is no solution to the problem, I unfortunately have to part with the device.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Make sure the external power feed is stable and always in spec for what the device needs or expects , you can also configure a syslog server through : Click Administration > System Log > Remote Log Servers. , the logging facility could be set to debugging , watch for last reported messages before the device dies (or during normal production times - too)  , sometimes these can be informative.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hello,

thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, I can't access the admin interface. When I log in for the first time, I get a message telling me to change the default password. So I enter cisco as username and give a new password. Unfortunately I can not log in with this new password. I get the message username or password is wrong.

At first I thought that I mistyped the password. But even after a reset and repeating the process, the same thing happens.

I still despair with this device!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card