Views
Helpful
Replies

CCTV System Unstable

nabeelcse07
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Currently I am working on a system where we have Cisco and Ericsson as backbone for the Network. for Cisco we are using 4507 as core (HSRP is running over there) and Transmission nodes are between the Core and Access Switches.

The CCTV Cameras are connected to the Access Switches and suddenly the video starts to blink on the Monitoring Station for These. Still unable to figure out the reason behind this.

Any suggestion on how to proceed with troubleshooting for this?

Regards,

NA

29 Replies 29

I have not checked that as well.... I ll check that as well.

Regards,

NA

Also just recently I had a few buildings have a similar issue, with no errors in the access switches and no errors in the core switch. I issue was the fiber connection between the buildings. They had it configured in an etherchannel and both fibers were dirty and has some errors on the fiber interfaces. We noticed on of the fibers in the etherchannel had far less errors so they disconnected the dirtier link and the issues were far less frequent. They cleaned the fiber an put that back and disconnected the other on and the issue went away. Cleaned the other one and put is back an no more issues.

Mike

look for FCS and CRC errors on everything.

Noted i ll check that.

On the Switches connected to SDH, I found CRC Errors on the uplink ports.

how to troubleshoot this one?

Regards,

NA

how many CRC errors in relation to the total amou nt of traffic, if its like 0.0001% then that is not likely to be the culprit.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

which parameters I need to compare to find out that its not more than 0.0001% ?

in show interface command I can see input errors and CRC errors for one station its Input Errors 445 and CRC 441.

Regards,

NA

0.000001% is just an example, if you do a sh int x/y  you will see the total amount of traffic and total amount of CRC, so you can calculate their relativity.   Having said that, how is the traffic stream captured?  is it UDP or TCP. UDP dont cope with packet drops/CRC so well

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Its UDP Traffic.

Regards,

NA

Usually this is a L1 issue (i.e. Physical) what is your cabling like?

Martin

all uplinks are fiber based and connected to transmission node. Single Mode Fiber....

But from what your saying the errors are on the access node interface? What is the output from your uplink interface?

Martin

Dear Martin,

I ll share the output of the uplink interfaces tomorrow.

Regards,

NA

Hello

If you getting CRC errors then I would check for a possible physical issue (cabling) and also your nic settings, it maybe they need to hard coded.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Dear Paul,

After using the command Clear Counter gigabit x/y, i didn't find any CRC errors afterwards.

I have one more question, In our network for one VLAN i am using FlexLinks and have disabled spanning-tree for it. this is done for stations connected over SDH nodes. for same VLAN i have some stations connected directly to Core. Will it impact if i am using FlexLinks for half stations and Spanning-tree for other half for one vlan?

Regards,

NA

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card