I have the same problem. Actually, I just recieved the device and don't know what to do yet. My MSN is firstname.lastname@example.org. If u want, we can work together. Grettings!
i was configuring CE 500 fiew days ago. what i did learn is, we must set our notebook/pc to dhcp. so when we configure ce 500, it acts like a dhcp server, i got 10.x.x.x, and then we can configure it via web browser.
when you get 169.x.x.x i dont think that you get the real ip address from ce 500.
i was reloading the switch, and hold the setup buttons, until one of the port is blinking in orange led. after that, i just plug my utp to that port.
but when i oredi plug the utp to the port, i dunno why, some how i cant see the web based console.
Hi Follow the steps mentioned below -
Before you configure the switch you need to reset it to the Factory Defaults:
1. Unplug the power cord from the switch.
2. While plugging back in the power to the switch, hold setup button.
3. Wait until all LED indicator lights turn amber and release the setup button.
4. When a switch port LED blinks green, connect your PC to that port. This computer must be configured to get the IP address via DHCP.
5. Open a web browser. If the browser does not pull up the GUI automatically, then go to http://10.0.0.01/ and select 'Erase system configuration and Boot with the factory default IOS image' and click on Submit button.
6. At this moment, the switch is set back to factory default configuration; proceed with initial setup procedure again.
The basic procedure to setup a CE500 is:
1. Make sure that nothing is connected to the switch.
2. Power up the switch.
3. Wait for the SETUP LED to blink green.
4. Press the setup button. When you press the SETUP button, a switch port LED begins blinking green.
5. When a switch port LED blinks green, connect your PC to that port. This computer must be configured to get the IP address via DHCP.
6. When the SETUP LED turns green, start a browser session on the PC.
7. Open a web browser. If the browser does not pull up the GUI automatically, then go to http://10.0.0.1/ and configure the device.
8. Enter the network settings, username and password and click Submit.
9. Select the option "No, Thanks" when the switch shows the Recommended Smartport Assignments windows. You can customize the Smartport role assignment later on.
10. Click Submit to save changes and finish basic configuration.
11. Click Restart/Reset on the GUI dashboard.
12. When the switch comes up, open a browser and go to http://
Please follow this link, because it is a known problem that has been resolved by Cisco: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6545/products_field_notice09186a0080780124.shtml
(registered users only)
Have a nice day.