Views
Helpful
Replies

channel-group not supported for interface type

Network Pro
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i am trying to port channel a server on the nexus 2k (connected back through nexus 7k - straight topoly - with jsut 1 link)

and i get the following error

Int port-channel102/1/1

Channel-group 5

channel-group not supported for interface type

we are running nexus 5.1.3 kickstart image and 5.1.3 system image. Epld imjage is 5.1.1

any thoughts on this please ? is vpc needed for the above ?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Thanks Andrew for the link.  So does the 5.2.1 version definetly support end host port channelling ? has anyone tried this ? just need this doing asap as our datacenter needs to be live in a couple of days. Thanks

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/5_x/nx-os/release/notes/52_nx-os_release_note.html#wp425651

Specifically

FEX Features

Cisco NX-OS Release 5.2(1) adds support for new features to Cisco Nexus Fabric Extender (FEX) modules.

Routed FEX port

This functionality enables a FEX port to be configured as a routed port. However, no routing protocols can be tied to this routed interface.

Host vPC with FEX

The host vPC with FEX feature provides the ability to have a vPC from a host connected to two independent Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders with a Cisco Nexus 7000 Series switch that acts as a parent switch to the FEX. The two Cisco Nexus 7000 Series switches that act as the parent switch form the vPC peers. The connectivity between the FEX and Cisco Nexus 7000 Series switch cannot be a vPC. It can be a link or a port channel.

Thanks andrew for this. so i can do a

inter102/1/1

channel group 5 mode on

I can do this ? isnt it ?

Also right now we are on 5.1.1. can you pls give me the procide the upgrade to 5.1.3 pls

Thanks

Thanks ANdrew. i will try this

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card