Views
Helpful
Replies

Check the whole subnet 10.246.28.0/22 MAC address

acbennyma
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

My aims is to check the whole MAC address of 10.246.28.0/22. How can I get it fastest. I don't want to ping each ip each time to check it.

I have tried to login to local router to ping the whole subnet 10.246.28.0 or 10.246.31.255,  Is it work ? I don't know why there is something like 10.230.x.x will come out.

3 Replies 3

Jeff Van Houten
Level 5
Level 5

What about IP address tracker from solar winds?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Kenneth Sharp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Acbennyma,

In the past, it was possible to ping the broadcast address of the subnet and look to see what IP addresses replied.  In your case, the broadcast address would be 10.246.31.255.  Unfortunately, people took to using that feature in a malicious way so it has been disabled on many networks.  Google 'smurf attack' for more information.

You might try doing a 'show ip arp' to see what addresses are on the subnet. 

Is the router providing DHCP for 10.246.28.0?  In that case, you can try doing a 'show ip dhcp binding' to see what addresses were assigned.

I can't explain whay you are seeing 10.230.x.x in your results.  Can you send an example from the terminal showing what commands you typed and what the router responded with?

I hope this helps,

- Ken

Ping the broadcast address of your subnet and the issue a show ip arp command . Copy the output on a text file and export it on excel with tab functions. Repeat this process a couple of times to make sure you get the 99% of your customers. You should do this in different times in day and night according the type of customers you have

Alessio

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: