Views
Helpful
Replies

Checkpoint to asa migration

varlotbolt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear team,

Has someone done it? any guides or "how to" to start?

Thank you very much!

2 Replies 2

Hi

My suggestions are: 

- Verify or get a list the current services running on the Checkpoint like: VPNs, NAT, etc.

- Make a list of the current ACLs and to see how to improve or optimize them into the ASA to have a better control of them.

- Verify if you have the proper licenses for VPN, for example Anyconnect license.

- All the new configuration could be worked on notepad first and then pasted on the ASA.

- Make tests before to deploy the ASA on your infrastructure. 

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

My advice is quite similar to Julio. You should carefully review the configuration and operation of the Checkpoint. Note carefully its addressing, the services provided, the policies enforced (any routing or bridging for internal networks, security policies, address translations, traffic filters, VPN, etc). Then configure similar things in the ASA. Then test carefully before you implement. I am not aware of any tool or of any external aid that would help you convert from Checkpoint to ASA.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card