Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 2821 Router

saroj pradhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am using cisco 2821 as   a edge  Router in my Network.

Im  using 2  Inbuilt  Gig Ethernet Interface and  1  serial Interface card .

Now i  have  a  requirement  of  another  link  need to  terninate .

can  the 2821  router support additional  Ethernet Interface Card  on the slot  if yes  please provide the Part no.

Thanks,

Saroj

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Saroj

Have a look at this link. You don't say what you actually but you can have 1x1Gbps, 1FE or 2FE ports. Click on the links next to each card and it will tell you in that doc how many cards you can put in each model of router and what IOS is needed -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/products_relevant_interfaces_and_modules.html#ethernetrouted

Jon

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The      Author of this posting offers the information contained within this      posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding   that    there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any    purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only  and   should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any  kind.   Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own  risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In      no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever    (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or    profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's    information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of   such  damage.

Posting

If your need is for another Fast or Gig Ethernet port, and if you're already connected to a VLAN capable switch, you might consider using subinterfaces on an existing 2821 port to a trunk port on the switch.  Saves you the cost of the extra Ethernet port module, plus considering the 2821's limited performance, you'll likely not be able to actually fully use the bandwidth of it either.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card