cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960-S Switch 10GB port disabled because of non-compliant converter??

dougstringham
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to wrap my head around this problem. I just installed a new server (Synology RS3416xs+ with Intel X520-DA2 CNA) today and attempted to attach the SFP+ cabling to our Cisco 2960-S Switch. I keep getting this error: "Te1/0/1: This port has been disabled because Non Compliant Gigabit Interface Converter (GBIC) connector detected."

What is bizarre is that I'm using Cisco cables (SFP-H10GB-CU1M) to connect. I purchased these cables from LANstreet and they appear to be genuine Cisco SFP+ cables/connectors.

Anyone have any idea as to how to resolve this problem?

5 Replies 5

Kramerz132
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

Have you tried the following commands=

no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid
service unsupported-transceiver

Best Regards

I'm assuming privileged commands must be enabled?

I enabled privileged commands, but I keep getting invalid input errors when attempting to run the commands you recommended.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So, you are trying to connect a CNA card to the uplink ports on the 2960s?

Are the uplinks 10Gig?

What is the switch model number?

Using the Cisco WS-C2960S-48TD-L Catalyst switch.

I'm attempting to attach the Te1 and Te2 ports (ultimately to be aggregate ports) on the switch to a Synology RS3416xs+ using an Intel X520-DA2 CNA. This card is 10GB and certified to work with the Synology server. The server sees the CNA just fine. The only error I'm getting is from the Switch saying that the GBIC's are non-compliant even though they are authentic Cisco SFP+ cables.

I'm fairly new to the deeper levels of switch management. So I'm a bit confused that these are coming up as non-compliant.

dougstringham
Level 1
Level 1

OK.... bizarre.... I rebooted the Switch (for the 3rd time) and suddenly it recognized the cables. Go figure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: