Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960 TC-S Lan Lite to Lan Base

telematic_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to know if is it possible to load lan base image on Cisco Switch 2960 TC-S.

This model (WS-C2960-48TC-S) come with lan lite image and it's the same (phisically) of the 2960 TC-L (lan base image).

If I try to upload the lan base image on flash of 2960 TC-S will works?? ..or the switch goes damaged?

Anyone do this before?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Arumugam Muthaiah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

• No. Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches cannot be upgraded from LAN Lite to LAN Base and cannot be downgraded from LAN Base to LAN Lite
  • The feature set is bound to the hardware model. To get the features and capabilities of LAN Base, you must purchase a LAN Base switch
  • On the front of the switch, in the top right corner, the LAN Lite switches have “Catalyst 2960 -S Series SI.” The LAN Base switches have “Catalyst 2960 -S Series.”
  • The last letter in the product ID . If the last letter is “ -L,” it’s LAN Base. If it’s “ -S,” it’s LAN Lite.   

For example: 

WS-C2960S-48LPS-L is LAN  Base.

WS-C2960S-48TS-S is LAN Lite.

Refer:

http://ecm-cs-prod-3.cisco.com:13101/ACS/servlet/ACS?command=read&version=2.0&docbaseid=0dcae1&objectid=090dcae1839412e3&cacheid=dzQEAgA%3D%3DUS4FgA%3D%3D&format=pdf&pagenum=0&signature=SqcILlsMH8BDRun71XN3cj6ydYd5DI4YUOI%2BzuDwFYgULEiQyyXnW9YUAAnZ3h...

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***

Thank you this was hard to find directly on Cisco main support site.

:D

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I'd like to know if is it possible to load lan base image on Cisco Switch 2960 TC-S.

Not possible.  The appliance will "refuse" to boot the LAN Base IOS.

You cannot perform a software upgrade from a LAN-Lite to LAN Base appliance.  You need to replace the entire unit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco