cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Cisco 2960 TC-S Lan Lite to Lan Base

Hello Everyone,

I'd like to know if is it possible to load lan base image on Cisco Switch 2960 TC-S.

This model (WS-C2960-48TC-S) come with lan lite image and it's the same (phisically) of the 2960 TC-L (lan base image).

If I try to upload the lan base image on flash of 2960 TC-S will works?? ..or the switch goes damaged?

Anyone do this before?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Cisco Employee

Hi,

• No. Cisco Catalyst 2960 Series Switches cannot be upgraded from LAN Lite to LAN Base and cannot be downgraded from LAN Base to LAN Lite
  • The feature set is bound to the hardware model. To get the features and capabilities of LAN Base, you must purchase a LAN Base switch
  • On the front of the switch, in the top right corner, the LAN Lite switches have “Catalyst 2960 -S Series SI.” The LAN Base switches have “Catalyst 2960 -S Series.”
  • The last letter in the product ID . If the last letter is “ -L,” it’s LAN Base. If it’s “ -S,” it’s LAN Lite.   

For example: 

WS-C2960S-48LPS-L is LAN  Base.

WS-C2960S-48TS-S is LAN Lite.

Refer:

http://ecm-cs-prod-3.cisco.com:13101/ACS/servlet/ACS?command=read&version=2.0&docbaseid=0dcae1&objectid=090dcae1839412e3&cacheid=dzQEAgA%3D%3DUS4FgA%3D%3D&format=pdf&pagenum=0&signature=SqcILlsMH8BDRun71XN3cj6ydYd5DI4YUOI%2BzuDwFYgULEiQyyXnW9YUAAnZ3h...

Regards,

Aru

*** Please rate if the post is useful ***

Regards, Aru *** Please rate if the post useful ***
Contributor

Thank you this was hard to

Thank you this was hard to find directly on Cisco main support site.

:D

Hall of Fame Community Legend

I'd like to know if is it possible to load lan base image on Cisco Switch 2960 TC-S.

Not possible.  The appliance will "refuse" to boot the LAN Base IOS.

You cannot perform a software upgrade from a LAN-Lite to LAN Base appliance.  You need to replace the entire unit.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
July's Community Spotlight Awards