cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960G IOS Upgrade to 12.2(55)Se11 now Device Manager Unresponsive

ottisc
Level 1
Level 1

I have some older switches that I want to upgrade the IOS on.  The first switch I performed a reset on it and then uploaded the new firmware using Device Manager.  After the upgrade finished, I am able to connect to the Device Manager of the Switch but can not seem to select any options.  I also noticed that the screen refresh count down will start at 60 seconds upon connecting but then just seems to hang when it reaches 1.  Below are the exact versions and steps I have performed.

• Cisco 2960G 24TC-L v03
  • IOS Upgraded to 12.2(55) Se11
  • I have powered down the switch and back up
  • I have performed another reset
  • I am able to still Telnet to the device and perform updates
  • Device Manager does not show the chart under Port Utilization
  • File name from Cisco used to perform the upgrade: c2960-lanbaseK9-tar.122-55.Se11.tar
  • Confirmed on Cisco.com that this version should be compatible with the switch

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?  I would appreciate any suggestions. I have two more of these switches that I will not update until I resolve this issue.

Thank you for your time.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How was the switch upgraded?  Was it by copying the BIN file into the switch?

The switch was upgrade by using the connection to Device Manager and then selecting upgrade and browsing to the file.

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser?

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

I have tried connecting with a Windows 10 client using IE 11 and Chrome.  I have also used Ubuntu client with Chrome and Firefox.  All of them have been consistent so I am pretty confident it is not a browser issue.  Thanks for asking the question because I did forget to include that information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: