cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2960X (WS-C2960X-48FPS-L) is able to do IP static route ?

Chriskoh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I just ordered 2 new Cisco Catalyst 2960x ( WS-C2960X-48FPS-L) recently, but i havent received it from IT Vendor. These 2 switches will be using the flexstack cable to acts as one switch.  I would like to know whether is this model (WS-C2960X-48FPS-L) able to do IP static routing and inter vlan routing? If there any limitations for QOS ?

Thank you for your help.

3 Replies 3

Hello

Datasheet seems to suggest it does support static,inter-vlan routing, and QOS  - here

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Paul

Thanks for your respond. This is a new switch. Do I need to configure the Switch SDM template by issue a  command #sdm prefer lanbase-routing?  As I know those old model Cisco 2960s need to enable the lanbase routing. Hope to hearing from you again

Tks

Yes, you can use the device for IP-routing after changing the SDM template. The biggest limitation is that only 16 static routes can be configured.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card