Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3550 48 SMI Software-Update?

Freihafener
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I have an Cisco 3550 48 SMI running IOS (tm) C3550 Software (C3550-I9Q3L2-M), Version 12.1(13)EA1a. Software advisor says that I can only update to Version 12.1(22). The software download area tells me that the latest version is 12.2(44).

Does anybody know if I could use the latest 12.2? Or has the hardware changed with the IOS versions?

Thanks for a short reply

FH

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

The software advisor will tell you the latest version in the ISO train you are currently running, as you are currently running IOS train 12.1 then the advisor will tell you the latest in that particular train.

There will be no issue with upgrading to 12.2(44) if you wish and have purchased the appropriate upgrade

Please rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

p.mcgowan
Level 3
Level 3

The software advisor will tell you the latest version in the ISO train you are currently running, as you are currently running IOS train 12.1 then the advisor will tell you the latest in that particular train.

There will be no issue with upgrading to 12.2(44) if you wish and have purchased the appropriate upgrade

Please rate helpful posts

Freihafener
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for your quick reply! Any idea about the cost of a software licence upgrade?

no idea, sorry.

Best to contact your local cisco partner who would be able to assist you with a quote

Thanks!

I think you have to look at if it's worth the money seeing  all support for the 3550 ended over a year ago. so you have no support and cannot get it replaced, you would have to buy new . Might want to think about getting like a 3560 to replace it .

Hi Glen,

you are right, it do not make sense to spend money for an update. The 3550 works at a small branch office - no budget for a new (or newer ) switch. But as it talks spanning tree with the 3560G I guess we will use it with 12.1(13) until the end.

Greets FH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card