cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3560 - How to know if my license support InterVLAN Routing?

JHVindasC
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Cisco 3560 and was trying to enable <ip routing> but it says that the command was unrecognized.

Am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3560 is a L3 switch so it supports routing.

You have an IP Base license which means you do not get all L3 features but your switch supports routing between vlans with the license you have.

You should be able to go into configuration mode and enable routing.

Jon

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The 3560 is a L3 switch so it supports routing.

You have an IP Base license which means you do not get all L3 features but your switch supports routing between vlans with the license you have.

You should be able to go into configuration mode and enable routing.

Jon

HI Jon Marshall,

Thank you for your explanation about IP Base license, about <ip routing> command, my client didn't know he had to enter to global configuration mode to enable the command.

Can you tell me which kind of L3 features does the IP Base license do not support?

Greetings.

Hi,

Can you tell me which kind of L3 features does the IP Base license do not support?

See table-3 in this link:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3650-series-switches/q-and-a-c67-729531.pdf

HTH

Thank you very much Reza Sharifi.

Iulian Vaideanu
Level 4
Level 4

What does "show sdm prefer" output?  Maybe the switch is using the VLAN template...

Hi Iulian Vaideanu,

Thank you for your reply, looks like my client didn't know he has to enter to global configuration mode to enable this command.

Greetings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco