Good day.

I'm  using c3560 as agregation level router of my network

pool of device ip's are exchanging with core via ospf

router ospf 5
router-id xxxx
area 0 authentication message-digest
network xxx.1 0.0.0.0 area 0
network xxx 0.255.255.255 area 0

there is also local vlan interface for devices Ip's in this agregation segment that includes in ospf area network (like x.x.45.1 for example) & terminates on c3560

interface Vlan12
ip address x.x.45.1 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
arp timeout 300

at this time c3560 works with sdm prefer desctop default & I see that 

sh ip route x.x.45.1
Routing entry for x.x.45.0.0/24
Known via "connected", distance 0, metric 0 (connected, via interface)
Routing Descriptor Blocks:
* directly connected, via Vlan3
Route metric is 0, traffic share count is 1

Now I'm need to use pbr on c3560, so I need to change sdm prefer

But when I'm changing it to "routing" This net dont attached in table & I just see 

sh ip route x.x.45.1
% Subnet not in table

So why this net lost from table with sdm prefer routing &  what's the way make it stay in table ?

3 Replies 3

Hello

What feature set are you running on the switch?

From cisco
Note:
On switches running the LAN base feature set, routing values shown in the templates are not valid

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Lol you mentioned it before, apologies Paul

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi

What is the current IOS, if you are using LAN base you should not enable routing sdm template. 

Do not select a routing template (sdm prefer routing) when the switch is running the LAN base feature set. Although visible in the command-line help, the LAN base feature set does not support routing. On switches running the LAN base feature set, routing values shown in the templates are not valid.

Reference: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_53_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swsdm.html

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card