cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3650 24-PS not powering up

gaurav_krj
Level 1
Level 1

My All 15 switches Cisco 3650 not powering up.

1. AC Ok is Green, but PS OK always remain off. I have checked all available options(Swapping PSU Slot & get right power point) BUT still situation same. No switch is powering up.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All other things being equal - I think you have suffered multiple hardware failures at the same time.  Improbable, but everything else has been swapped and tested.

I guess you could try taking the switch somewhere else (like a different building) and plugging it in in case you are experiencing power harmonics, frequency variations, unusual power factor ratios, etc.  But it is getting increasingly unlikely.

I guess you could try plugging it into a UPS, and removing the mains power from the UPS so it is fed by battery to try and isolate mains power supply issues.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does anything appear on the console port when trying to power up?

Have you tried unplugging everything from them?  Every patch lead, stacking module, everything?

Were they working previously?  If so, has there been any changes between when they worked and now?

Hey Philip,

All switches are brand new. tested some day ago by team-mate,all switches were working fine.

Nope no LED is also glowing on console port. There is nothing connected on all switches.

Are you using the same input supply?  100VAC, 200VAC, 240VAC, etc?

I'm not interested in the LED on the console port.  If you plug a machine in, does anything appear on a terminal program?

Has anyone attempted a software upgrade?

I had better ask.  How do you know the powerpoint you are using is live? Have you plugged something else into it like a lamp to prove it is hot?

I am using same power point for 2*cisco 3850 and working fine.

I also used where i connected my laptop and power point is working fine.

Nope, no one attempted to upgrade software.

All other things being equal - I think you have suffered multiple hardware failures at the same time.  Improbable, but everything else has been swapped and tested.

I guess you could try taking the switch somewhere else (like a different building) and plugging it in in case you are experiencing power harmonics, frequency variations, unusual power factor ratios, etc.  But it is getting increasingly unlikely.

I guess you could try plugging it into a UPS, and removing the mains power from the UPS so it is fed by battery to try and isolate mains power supply issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: