Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 3650 Stacking

rashad.exe
Level 1
Level 1

hi all 

any one can tell me please about StackWise-160 in cisco 3650 it's use to marge two switches or one active and second backup.

i mean if i have two cisco 3650 and used StackWise-160 between switches, the all the servers connected to the first 3650 and the edge switches connected to the second 3650, the StackWise-160 use to transfer data between two 3650 switches?

thanks 

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Yes, when you stack the two switches together, you only configure the master and all the configs  get pushed from the master to the member using the StackWise cable.

HTH

hi Reza 

thanks for your answer 

i know it but my question about the data transfer, i will tell you my scenario:

i have 8 edge switches connected to two 3650 by SFP interface (each 3650 connected to 4 edge switch ) and two 3650 stacked  , some server connected to the first 3650 and some server connected to the second 3650, the 8 switches can access all the server and transfer data by Stacking wise cable??

i hope you understand what i mean if you want i will draw my scenario

thanks  

Hi,

Yes, your scenario would work fine.  If you can, for redundancy, I would uplink each server to both 3560s.  This way, if you have a switch failure you don't lose any servers or if you have a NIC failure to one switch you still have another NIC to the other switch.

HTH

hi Reza 

you can find in the attachment file network diagram for what i mean 

group B connected to second 3650 by SFP 

group A connected to First 3650 by SFP 

ERP server connected to the second 3650 

i mean can group A access to the ERP server by Stack wise160 ??

thanks 

i mean can group A access to the ERP server by Stack wise160 ??

Yes, absolutely.

Think of a stack of switches as one logical switch.  No matter which one you connect to, they all can access each other.

HTH

hi Reza 

now i understand what you mean about stack wise 

thanks for your answer 

have nice day 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card