cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750-x configuration with Windows DHCP

kametolearn
Level 1
Level 1

I don't have experience with Cisco products or really any manageable switch for that matter.  For clarity I've attached the network diagram of what I'm trying to achieve.  This in it's simplest form is just a single subnet with Windows Server 2012 acting as DHCP server and Active Directy / DC.  Can someone provide some examples?

5 Replies 5

Sarbjit-2014
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The very basic switch port set up, connected to a PC/Server on the Cisco Switch should be:

switchport mode access

spanning-tree portfast

no shutdown

Try this to get you started...

Hello

No such instance as Vlan 0 - If the switch vlan interface ( SVI) is on a different subnet than the dhcp server then this SVI interface for the switch will require an relay address to that of the server

int vlan x
ip helper-address 192.168.0.11

Make sure the wintel dhcp server/scope is active and authorised in active directory and excludes its own ip address from the scope range to be allocated.

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

My mistake on confusing the default as 0.  Everything by default though will be placed inside VLAN 1 correct?

Hello

No worries...

The relay address isnt required if server /switch/hosts all will be residing in same subnet?

Just make you excluded the server and switch ip addressing from the dhcp scope allocation  range, Then you should be good to go!

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

To clarify, everything is to be on the same VLAN and subnet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card