Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750v2 frequest failure

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Team,

We are managing the customer Cisco environment from past 1 year.. and customer has reported around 30 RMA of 3750V2 switch,out of which one device was 3850 switch and another was 3925 router.

So it is frequent failure issue for us..

and below are some of the last highlighted issues of this site..

1. not able to boot getting error- BIST failed. Abort init ... on console prompt
    "All Switch port are not bringing up getting error on console-
    “can't be brought up because it failed POST in Inline Power test”"
    Router Failed
  2. All LED’s are ON & Unable to get console.
  3. Due to power outage. Switches went down, no power in LED, unable to do anything on console prompt. Fan is also not running
    POE Issue on all ports
    Fan of the RMA’d switch isn’t working and getting fan failure error on prompt
    No power
    Card Faulty
    No power
    "• All Switch LED’s are off while power on switch & unable to take console.
    • Tried to factory default but unable to do."
    No power
    "No Console
    Update Shared with Customer - This device is not reflecting in our database."
    Stack port not working
     Switch is not initializing flash and hence failing to boot up
    " Getting Warning Message-
    !!! WARNING: The switch is not usable !!!"
    "All Switch LED’s are off while power on switch & unable to take console.
    Tried to factory default but unable to do."
    Power in switch is not coming.

Just want to understand, because of environmental issue these switches can be fail or what could be the exact route cause of it.

The customer has done environmental analyzing and power audit and implemented all solution but still we are not able to control the frequent failure at the site.

Just wan to understand is 3750V2 is frequent failure hardware of Cisco..

I have doubt on this product.

7 Replies 7

we do have this issue ! what support we can get from Cisco, is anyone come across similar issue ?

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On first instant i always look the power conditions, worth to have look between power source and Switch, is the UPS connected.

Is the only switches having issue or any other devices also broken at the same time?  This is required more understand of the site Power situation.

I do not see many switches go down at a time, other than some power surges ( as per my personal point of view and my experience).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

their were 30 devices failed randomly on period of 1 year.. and out of them 95% devices were 3750v2..

we have done power audit and resolve all power related issues.. but still devices are keep failing... after all issue related to power has been sorted out..

the customer site is having near major garbage collector and environment has small amount of sulphur but this could not cause this harm.

so is this devices exposed to environment ? they are not protected under protected cabinet ?

BB

these devices are in Hub room inside building..

what type of protected cabinet you are talking about..

i was in impression these switches are expose to environment, as long it is inside, that is fine, other wise i consider industrial switches to be in place.

BB

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@anilkumar.cisco wrote:

Due to power outage. Switches went down, no power in LED, unable to do anything on console 

Hmmmm ... Power issue.  

This will depend entirely on the "age" of the switch.  Read this:  FN - 63745 - Cat3K Might Fail to Boot After a Power Cycle - Replace on Failure

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card