cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3750X-24 Port Stacked: Does it support VRF?

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

We have 2 x WS-C3750X-24T-S switches that are stacked via StackWise cables.  We would like to be able to enable VRF on it but the commands are not there. We currently have an IP Base License (which I know is the reason). I tried doing some research and looking at release notes, but the answer is not clear. I've read that it's only available as a standalone switch and not stacked. Does anyone out there know if this device is capable of doing VRF as a stack? If so, what are the requirements?

Thanks,

Neocec

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hey Toshi,

I thought so too, but under the downloads section, there is no IP Services image download for that particular model.

Thanks,

Neocec

View solution in original post

Hi,

You can use to this link to verify which image you want.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/go/fn

1. Select "search by feature" and then select "Multi-VRF Support VRF Lite"

2. Select "Cisco 3750x"

You will finally see IOS supported this feature. And then go to the download page(if you have the right to download it.)

HTH,

Toshi

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

IP Services feature set is required for VRF-Lite. Yes,you can use this feature in the stack.

HTH,

Toshi

Hey Toshi,

I thought so too, but under the downloads section, there is no IP Services image download for that particular model.

Thanks,

Neocec

Hi,

You can use to this link to verify which image you want.

Ref: http://www.cisco.com/go/fn

1. Select "search by feature" and then select "Multi-VRF Support VRF Lite"

2. Select "Cisco 3750x"

You will finally see IOS supported this feature. And then go to the download page(if you have the right to download it.)

HTH,

Toshi

Hi Giovanni,

can you let me know that is the 3750 stack with code:

c3750e-ipbasek9-mz.150-2.SE10.bin

does support VRF or not, since i'm see the commands in lab device but in feature navigator its not showing, can you make me clear ?

Thanks in advance

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Toshi! I found what I was looking for. 5!

Regards,

Neocec

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card