Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 Dual Power Supply - One No Response

kevin.b.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys,

I am getting multiple switches on my network showing "power supply failure" from Solarwinds.

I am running Cisco 3850s running v 03.02.03.SE cat3k_caa-universalk9 iOS, and they all have dual power supplies. When i do the sh env power, I get this output.

SWITCH1#sh env power

SW  PID                             Serial#     Status               Sys Pwr  PoE Pwr  Watts

--  ------------------                 ----------  ---------------         -------  -------  -----

1A  PWR-C1-715WAC       xxxx           OK                 Good     Good           715

1B  PWR-C1-715WAC       xxxx         No Response   Good     Good           715

SWITCH2#sh env power

SW  PID                              Serial#     Status           Sys Pwr    PoE Pwr     Watts

--  ------------------                 ----------  ---------------             -------  -------            -----

1A  PWR-C1-715WAC       xxxx           OK                   Good     Good          715

1B  PWR-C1-715WAC       xxxx         No Response     Good     Good          715

When I physically go down to look at the switches, they have green lights, so they are receiving power, but I keep getting the PSU failure alerts.
Do you think it is an iOS issue, and should I upgrade? Or has anyone else seen this?

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Before you upgrade the IOS, I recommend you open a ticket with SolarWinds, as some versions of NPM have more bugs then others.

HTH

John Cui
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think below Bug could match with your issue.

"power supply B is not responding" reoccurring on Catalyst switches

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun41735/?reffering_site=dumpcr

And we can see workaround of this issue is HW workaround.

Thanks,

Jack

I do not have enough permissions to view this bug. Could you give me any details on how I can view this?

Hi Kevin,

Did you find a solution for your issue? We are facing the same problem, and we're not sure if the power supply is damaged.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card