cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 3850 SSL Certificate help

AA27CXP
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, everyone. I am having some difficulty applying an SSL certificate to a Cisco 3850. I've done this before without issue but this one is giving me trouble in a new way.

I have created/issued the certificate via MMC and then exported it (making sure it is PKCS12 format). Then, using OpenSSL I converted it to PEM without issue. I open the webGUI of the switch and navigate to Services > Security > Web Auth > Certificate tab, click on the Download button, fill in all of the information and it looks like it is working and never returns an error, but when I refresh, no new trust point shows up. I have tried all 3 browsers with the same result.

Any suggestions? Thank you all for your time!

1 Reply 1

Hello,

instead of using the WebGUI, try to do it manually, as outlined in the link below. If you have a self-signed certificate still on the switch, remove that first using the 'no crypto pki trustpoint' command.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/security/configuration_guide/b_sec_3se_3850_cg/b_sec_3se_3850_cg_chapter_01001.html#d17027e299a1635

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card