Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 3850 switch some port leds blink amber, but no issue

michael.heer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

on 2 WS-C3850-48T switches (stack of 4), software  IOS-XE 03.02.02.SE  universalk9,  we see some ports blinking orange. (14 of the 30 in use ports)

It occurs the same as the blinking green leds, which shows receiving traffic. There is no description in the manual for this message (attached), also I cannot find any issue. Ports are working, no errors, channel up, interface up, no span tree block port, no log... The switches which experience this are the master and standby. Only difference is that 3 and 4 are 24 ports and HW V01, and switches experiencing this issue HW V02. running 1 year...

Is this just cosmetic? Anyone experience with this?

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I have also seen the same thing in Cisco ASR routers.  This appears to be a cosmetic bug. Sometimes hard setting ports instead of auto will help.  You may want try to hard set a port or 2 for test. Make sure these ports are not in production when you make the change.

HTH

Hello,

Found the problem. It appears a vlan was deleted but there was still some rest config parameters for the specific vlan in the config.

Regards,

Michael H

KK CHU
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Michael,

According to my experience it may be related to the jumbo frame. I experienced similar issue when I was using 3.2.3 firmware for all 40 units 3850 and got some of the leds blinking in orange randomly for the ports connecting to the APs (3702i).

You can try to check "show interfaces counters error" and see if there are errors. To solve this you can upgrade the firmware and see if it works for you.

Hopefully you will find it useful. Good luck!

Jack

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card