Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 3945 router compact flash issue

Hello All,

I am facing this weir issue in one of the 3945 routers we  have, when the router starts to boot there is an error, the router boots up fine but this eror is bothering me a lot

"WARNING: Unsupported compact flash detected. Use of this card during normal
operation can impact and severely degrade performance of the system.
Please use supported compact flash cards only.
program load complete, entry point: 0x4000000, size: 0x18fa0"

DEFAULT 256 MB CISCO flash card in external 

the same flash card was working fine,I used it to copy IOS to another flash card of 256MB and untill then it was fine,,.

now its throwing up errors...i tried changing the slots ....formatted the flash card as well and tried..

can somebody please help me out here???please

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

vedanth@tglobalin.com wrote:

Please use supported compact flash cards only. 

Is the CF in use a Cisco-branded one or not? 

If not, what is the model and size of this CF? 

Try a different brand will definitely help.

Thanks for replying @ LEO....

The Flash memory size is 256 MB and its a CISCO brand itself..

Model no: 16-2768-01

Also i tried with different size and brands but the warning message persist...the router boots but outputs very.rest outputs are fine..

example , when any wan interface cards are inserted it doesn't get detected in the "sh inventory" command..but the same wan interface cards gets detected in other routers...

ALso this flash was working fine earlier on the same router...I formatted the CF and tried aswell

Try a different IOS level. It could be a bug.

alright @Leo Laohoo.... thanks for the quick solution ...I willl try the same and let you know.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card