Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4500 Sup 6 / not seeing Line Cards

darren849
Level 1
Level 1

New To Cisco, was a 3com shop.

I have a Cisco 4500 Sup 6 engine and I have two 48 port fiber line cards installed. When I do a show interfaces I do not see any of the Fiber cards. This is a new out of the box 4500 and I installed the Sup 6 Line card in Slot #1, And the two 48 port Fiber cards in Slots 2 and 3. Am I missing something, is there a command or set up procidure for the line cards. I just assumed they were plug and play

2 Replies 2

fsebera
Level 4
Level 4

Hey Darren,

show module shows the state and status of the modules within the modular switch.

Take note of the STATUS column of the modules, if unknown, failed, not-supported ---consider reviewing the Cisco hardware manual of supported modules and IOS levels currently running. The running IOS MUST support the cards installed else, unknown or unsupported could results.

If this helps, rate it!!

Regards

Frank

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure you have the correct code and version to support those cards.  Check the release notes for your version .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card