cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4500E QOS

avvotyakov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all! I have some cisco 4500E with sup7l-e and I want config acces port(with non-cisco ip phone), that cos and dcsp mark does not change. Can any one help me?

4 Replies 4

shillings
Level 4
Level 4

Not 100% clear what you need. Are you saying that you want to trust the marking set by a non-Cisco phone?

If so, configure the following on any trusted port: -

auto qos voip trust

Worth reading the Auto QoS section in the software configuration guide, although I've encountered the occassional error reference the command set available.

This might help too:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps4324/white_paper_c11-539588.html

thanks that answer, but as I read, if I configure port auto qos and connect non cisco ip phone(not support CDP), then cos and dscp will reset to defoult.

"

If  you have an auto-QoS policy on a port connected to a device that  supports CDP, the port is automatically trusted. However, if the device  does not support CDP (like legacy Digital Media Player), QoS trust must  be applied manually.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/15.1/XE_330SG/configuration/guide/qos_mrg.html

"

I think you need to ascertain whether you want/can use MQC Auto-QoS or switch Auto-QoS. They have slightly different commands when I look back at my notes. You might prefer not to use Auto-QoS at all and do things manually.

Also note that the Auto-QoS commands are like a macro and so the entered command will not show in the running config. Instead, it will generate one or more commands of its own.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The   Author of this posting offers the information contained within this   posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that   there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.   Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not   be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of  this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Hmm, I believe the sup7 trusts by default (like a router).  Not sure about the L version, but would expect the same.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card