Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco 4510 sup 8e standby in other state after power failure

kimonAche
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,,

I have a Cisco 4510 that had a power failure and the confreg was set to 0x2101 therefore the one sup booted to the first IOS it found. The switch booted up in a IOS that didn't support 6 of the line cards. Long story short I changed the bootvar to reflect what I thoght was in the bootdisk, but the switch came up in Rommon so I placed a SD disk in slot0, and booted from the IOS that was on the disk. My question the standby sup is in the other state, can I bootup the standby sup and break into rommon and boot from the same disk that I have in slot0, to get the sups in SSO mode? I have already copied the IOS on the active sup.

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

you  can boot the second sup card with same OS as primary and reboot the card, it should fix the issue.

make sure remove all old IOS which is not required to remidiate the issues in the future.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Yes, the secondary can be manually booted the same way: Specify the location and file the supervisor is meant to load.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card