cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 4510R+E Power Supply Redundancy without PoE

james.a.kramer3
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to choose a power supply for a WS-C4510R+E chassis with eight WS-X4748-RJ45-E line cards (no PoE) and two WS-X45-Sup 7-E supervisors. The Cisco power calculator says I'm good to go with "Combined 1400 Watt - Data Only" (PWR-C45-1400AC) with 200-240VAC input, but I'm wondering about redundancy.

Does "Combined" mean I need to be running two of them at the same time to power the fully loaded chassis? Or am I able to do it with just the one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paul Chapman
Level 4
Level 4

Hi -

Based on your spec, the calculator states that you need to supply roughly 1800W to the chassis to power all the line cards.  Since the 1400W P/S would not be sufficient by itself, then you would need to run 2x1400 in combined mode.  If you wanted power redundancy, then you need to step up to the 2800W power supply (PWR-C45-2800ACV). Correction: redundant output for data would require the 6000W P/S. (I reread the spec sheet and power calculator.)

4500E Datasheet

PSC

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Paul Chapman
Level 4
Level 4

Hi -

Based on your spec, the calculator states that you need to supply roughly 1800W to the chassis to power all the line cards.  Since the 1400W P/S would not be sufficient by itself, then you would need to run 2x1400 in combined mode.  If you wanted power redundancy, then you need to step up to the 2800W power supply (PWR-C45-2800ACV). Correction: redundant output for data would require the 6000W P/S. (I reread the spec sheet and power calculator.)

4500E Datasheet

PSC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card