Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5508 High availability licensing

Hi

I am looking for some clarification around licensing for x2 Cisco 5508 WLC's in an active/standby configuration.

If each WLC was to have 50 AP licenses will that give me 100 usable AP licenses or just 50?

If it is only 50 can you advise the best redundant configuration mode to use the 100 licenses?

Many thanks

2 Replies 2

rasmus.elmholt
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

For this reason we have dropped the 5508 and used the 5520 instead. 5520 support active/standby licenses, where the 5508 needs 100 licenses on each to support redundancy.(for 100 APs)

On the 5508 if you have 100 licenses and split them to have 50 clients on each and one of them fail, then you lose half the APs.

If anyone knows more about this than me, please correct me.

Hi

thanks for your response, WLC licensing is a strange one! So if I were to have 50 AP's per controller what would be the best way to configure the AP's to be managed by a specific WLC? I am looking at using DHCP to get the AP's on the network.

thanks

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card