cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 5596UP Fails to Allow Console Access After Reboot

chad patterson
Level 1
Level 1

I think I have fallen victim to the CSCun66310 bug: Nexus 5596: System fails to boot after a power cycle

The resolution posted is to run a certain script then upgrade to a certain stable image. But my question is; if I cant even get console access then how can I run a script or do ANYTHING at all? 

6 Replies 6

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What error messages do you see when you connect a console cable to the switch?

HTH

Nothing. I cant get a console. The STAT light on the front remains a constant amber

Than maybe you want to open a ticket with TAC and most likely they will RMA the switch.

HTH 

Of course that's the proper route, but that is not an option in this case;  there is no contract or warranty for this switch, hence my S.O.S. post to the community boards.

Now back to the topic; Is there a way to manually flash the eeprom chip? I cannot get console access. 

I've just got the exact same problem.

Rebooted the switch, nothing on the console port, back stat light is constant amber.

Anyone with a solution?

Maybe a 3rd party can fix.   I just had this happen at a site that I thought had the fix but didn't.  Opened a TAC case and Cisco did an RMA to replace the switch.  Found a couple more without the fix (sh sprom sup | i H/W shows 1.0) so will be requesting the debug plugin and script.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card