Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 6504 HSRP Configuration

anishbn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have a network with two core switch 6504E and 3850 as edge Switch .Please find the attached NW diagram and configuration .I am facing the packet loss (2-5 packets)sometime .

Please advice is there any mistake in my configuration.

Thank you

26 Replies 26

Looking forward to hearing the results.

Regarding UDP/47808, there is noting in your core config that would block that traffic flow. The UDP port you specify is itself in the ephemeral range, so it is highly unlikely there is a service running on it that would accept the connection. It therefore is also probably being blocked by the devices own firewall (if configured).  Are you sure that is the destination port?

cheers,

Seb.

Hi,
Thank you .

As per the vendor the device is using broadcast. Is it possible to pass broadcast between vlans
Thanks

Yes, although it is not advised as it makes your network vulnerable to some attacks. The command you are looking for is ip directed-broadcast  to be applied on the receiving interface:

https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/techdoc/dc/reference/cli/nxos/commands/l3/ip-directed-broadcast.html

This command is typically used as part of a WoL implementation.

cheers,

Sev.

Hi
Thank you.

If it’s a Unicast( unicast for Bacnet udp communication),is it pass between inter vlan.
Thank you

Yes, you should encounter no issues routing unicast traffic between VLANs.

cheers,

Seb.

Thank you ,

Do I need to add any additional configuration.

Thank you

No, there inter-VLAN routing will work fine with the current configuration.

cheers,

Seb.

Hi

thank you.

i managed to move both of the device in same vlan .

Thank you .

brselzer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

Can you upload the output of "show policy-map control-plane" from both core devices?

Hope that helps!

-Bradley Selzer
CCIE# 60833

Hi,

Please find the attached log.

Thank you 

Hi
Can I have an update please.
Thank you

Hello,

You do not have any drops on your control-plane. You will need to follow the path of the packet and check for interface drops, maybe do some SPAN captures to determine which device is causing the drops. 

Hope that helps!

-Bradley Selzer
CCIE# 60833
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: